Comparison on Non- Lubricant Flexible Coupling
vs. Gear & Grid Couplings
ATRA-FLEX ® ADVANTAGE
Design Benefits to using a NON-Lubricated Flexible Coupling
- No metal to metal contact between driving and the driven coupling halves allow unrestrained end float.
- Power is smoothly transmitted through a custom compounded polyurethane insert, which absorbs shock loads, dampens vibration, and electrically insulates the equipment while accommodating axial, radial, and angular misalignment with less reactionary loads on equipment
- ATRA-FLEX® couplings eliminate the need for lubrication, which significantly reduces coupling failures, maintenance and downtime commonly caused by insufficient lubrication of gear and grid couplings.
- Unlike greased couplings, which attract dust and dirt that often get trapped inside the working parts of the coupling can cause wear. Our polyurethane insert operates in practically every type of weather, temperature, and chemical common in rotational equipment applications up to 70,000 + running hours. ( sand and dirt do not hurt)
- The ATRA-FLEX® insert is the only spare coupling part needed. It is designed to shear in the event of an equipment lock up or severe coupling overload, acting as a fuse to prevent damage to the equipment. It can be replaced in minutes, minimizing downtime and simplifying inventory.
Increasing EPA regulations on lubricants and disposal, along with the downtime associated with them is becoming a growing concern. They can be replaced with ATRA-FLEX®, and standardized with confidence, knowing ATRA-FLEX ® has a coupling to fit the application and will design and get it therein order to keep things turning.