- Application Range Coupling sizes available to transmit torque loads from 60 in/lbs to over 3.24 million in/lbs with shaft capacities ranging from .375 to over 20.00 running from low rpm to over 18,000 rpm.
- Coupling Types Close coupled, Spacer types, Limited End Float, Slide, Floating Shaft, Flywheel, Brake Wheel, Brake Disc, and made to order engineered couplings.
- Features Patented T-Flex® absorbs extreme torsional shock and vibration while accommodating angular, parallel, and axial misalignment without generating reactionary loads, which significantly increases bearing life. T-Flex® uniquely combines the stability of a compression type coupling with the safety of a shear coupling. In the event of a lockup, the insert will shear, minimizing the possibility of damaging your rotational equipment. No lubrication or routine maintenance is required. The rugged polyurethane insert is the only spare part and can be replaced in minutes without having to move the equipment or the shaft hubs. Standard inserts have a temperature range from -60° to 200° Fahrenheit with high temperature inserts available to over 350°. The inserts are available in a range of hardness to meet most torsional stiffness and torque requirements, and offers very high resistance to chemicals and weather. T-Flex® couplings are suitable for blind assembly, horizontal or vertical, reversing, and stop/start applications. The Compact size to torque ratio with generous bore capacity allows proper sizing. Hubs are available for use with tapered bushings, lock assemblies, shrink discs, finished bored and keyed, taper bored, and spline bored.
- How It Works T-Flex® close coupled couplings consist of four parts. The Ring Hub, Flex Hub, Insert, and Drive Ring. The Ring Hub and Flex Hub are installed on the shafts with the Drive Ring fitting over the Flex Hub. After coupling alignment, the Insert is placed around the Flex Hub engaging the bottom lobes of the Insert. The Drive Ring is then fitted over the Insert engaging the top lobes of the Insert. The Drive Ring is then fastened to the Ring Hub using high strength alloy steel socket head cap screws with high collar lock washers. The coupling will now transmit torque with silent, smooth reliable, maintenance free operation.
- Manufacturing T-Flex® is manufactured in the USA. Standard hubs and rings are machined from solid carbon steel rounds and tubing, maintaining tight tolerances which provides excellent coupling balance. Stainless steels in grades 303,304, and 316 are also available for corrosive environments and food applications. We also offer a low cost, FDA approved alternative to stainless steel called Melonite Process which turns carbon steel shiny black and prevents wear and corrosion. T-Flex® inserts are made from durable custom compounded polyurethane that offer resistance to almost every fluid found in industry today. Using T-Flex® ensures dependable, maintenance free torque transmission for your rotational equipment, and comes with product / technical support from our knowledgeable staff with over 25 years experience.
More information: Click Here to Download
Installation Manual: Click Here to Download